The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Stop/Start problems

2 posters

Go down

Auto Stop/Start problems Empty Auto Stop/Start problems

Post  Don Wood Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:36 am

I have a 2 month old 320D which has done 2500 miles.
When I stop the car, the engine stops OK, but it always re-starts after about 10 seconds.
This happens every time, so it is not associated with the A/C or anything like that.
My dealer is having problems understanding what is causimg the problem, so it doesn't seem to be a common fault.
Has anyone heard of this problem before.

Don Wood

Back to top Go down

Auto Stop/Start problems Empty Re: Auto Stop/Start problems

Post  MightyBMW Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:10 pm

If the dealer is struggling then i would take it to a bmw independent garage, who are much more customer focused and in many ways more knowledgable than bmw dealers, who will charge an hours labour to plug your car into a computer. Obviously, i cannot tell you for definate what the problem is, but i would'nt mind betting the camshaft position sensor is at fault. These often become intemittently faulty, and cause random cutouts and then start up again without a trace.

Mightybmw.
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com

Back to top Go down

Auto Stop/Start problems Empty Auto Stop Start

Post  Don Wood Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am

I have now established with the dealer that the car will always restart after 10/12 seconds after auto stop, unless the foot is kept on the footbrake. Thi doesn't seem to make sense, I don't think that the car behind would be to happy eith me if, on a wet dark night, I kept my foot on the footbrake to avoid the engine restarting. Is this the same on all BMW's?

Don Wood

Back to top Go down

Auto Stop/Start problems Empty Re: Auto Stop/Start problems

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down