The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my 528i gets hot.....

2 posters

Go down

my 528i gets hot..... Empty my 528i gets hot.....

Post  mikeclarke Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:38 am

on sunday my 528i got hot within 2 mins of driving. the red temp light came on so i pulled over, the water level was quite low so i topped up drove home 10 miles no prob. i mentioned this at work the next day and was told to bleed the water pipes and top up more water, the rad took another 3 litres of water, i have just got home after another 2 mile drive, the first time since topping up with water, the temp reads fine but the water pipes are almost solid and very pressured up. i drive like an old man and didnt go over 40mph on the way home. the water is clear and the oil topped up fine, although it does seem very thin. i have only had the car about a month and went on 2 long drives(100miles per drive) last week without a problem. any advice is welcome

mikeclarke

Back to top Go down

my 528i gets hot..... Empty Re: my 528i gets hot.....

Post  Rogers Rig Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:58 pm

It may need bleeding , there is a plug with a X on it to remove to let the air out, just let all the air out and top up with more water and your problem should be solved

Rogers Rig

Back to top Go down