The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New beemer

4 posters

Go down

New beemer Empty New beemer

Post  firstbm Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 am

Just bought a new E90 318i auto which I do like very much however there are just a few niggles I'd like some feedback on. I've notice that when the car is wet due to washing or rain the brakes make a grating noise during the first 5 - 10 mins of driving. Also, when applying the brakes to bring the car to a stand still the car tends to jerk forward slightly, this occurs when driving slow or fast. Should I be concerned about any of this? I do intend to contact the dealer but wanted to be clear on what the problem was (if any) or if anything needed adjusting. Some of the feedback on the E90 is that it gives a firm/hard drive could someone elaborate on that. Thanks.

firstbm

Back to top Go down

New beemer Empty Re: New beemer

Post  slinky Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:11 am

It is a good idea to get your brakes inspected. that doesnt seem right. it could just be a wheel sensor and causeing the abs to cut it too early perhaps, or it could just be time for a brake change.

The e90 does have a ride that is on the firm side, but mainly, this is due to the run flat tyres which are unforgiving on the bumps. bmw claim their suspension is set up to cope with the run flats, but people successfully change to normal tyres with little problem and has a much softer ride.

slinky

slinky

Back to top Go down

New beemer Empty Changing runflat tyes

Post  ronali Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 am

I'v 2007 320d tourer the ride and drive on the country roads in Cumbria is very hard. The steering is heavy its just had a service and been checked with no problem. The latest cars now have electric assist steering I've roadtested and the electric assist solves the heavy steering problem. But I hate the ride of the runflat tyres. I thought you could'nt change to normal tyres because of the interaction with the wheels and the computer? The tyres are Continental Sportec they done 11000 miles and the rear are down to 2mm its a bit or a blow as we have 2001 320d saloon with Michelins and we get 60000+ not a fluke as we've done 180000.

ronali

Back to top Go down

Post  MightyBMW Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:42 am

yes you can change them, The common tyre choice is the bridgestones with the EXTRA LOAD rating, which is the tyres with a harder wall, BUT is not as hard as the run flats. Cheaper too.
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down