The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remote key fob on e46 compact

5 posters

Go down

remote key fob on e46 compact Empty remote key fob on e46 compact

Post  baderlfc Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 am

just bought a 2002 e46 316 compact, think i got a good deal, looked long and hard anyway!!

only problem is neither of the remote key fobs work, this isnt a major issue for me but i dont want to end up scratching around the doors by using the key to unlock all the time,

so im looking to get at least one of them back up and running but have been told this will need to be done by a bmw dealer??

is this correct?? also any idea how much this will cost??

cheers

baderlfc

Back to top Go down

remote key fob on e46 compact Empty Batteries Flat ?

Post  JIML Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:45 am

is it possible that the batteries are just flat, going for a two to three hour drive should charge up the one in the ignition.

Jim L

JIML

Back to top Go down

remote key fob on e46 compact Empty Re: remote key fob on e46 compact

Post  JohnMatrix Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:24 pm

baderlfc wrote:just bought a 2002 e46 316 compact, think i got a good deal, looked long and hard anyway!!

only problem is neither of the remote key fobs work, this isnt a major issue for me but i dont want to end up scratching around the doors by using the key to unlock all the time,

so im looking to get at least one of them back up and running but have been told this will need to be done by a bmw dealer??

is this correct?? also any idea how much this will cost??

cheers

If the batteries have been removed/left to go flat for any period of time the code will need to be reset, and yes this will need to be taken to BMW. I wouldn't expect much change out of a couple hundred though.
JohnMatrix
JohnMatrix

Back to top Go down

Post  petersue13 Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 am

Hi.

I've just got a 320d, its only got one key, so i rang the mean dealer, a new key is only £99. and they said they would recode my old one free of charge.

Regards.Peter.

petersue13

Back to top Go down

Post  Jams Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 pm

I bought a 320D at the weekend and although its a lovely drive, there a few "snags" on it. One being only 1 key and that 1 key doesnt active remotely. However I searched the net and managed to get it working again.

Try this site to "re-program" your key. Just worked for mine, and Im much happier. Couldnt believe I would have to open it manually the whole time.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/BMW-Key-Programming-Reprogramming_W0QQugidZ10000000007275614

Jams

Jams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down