The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

523i Overheating

2 posters

Go down

523i Overheating Empty 523i Overheating

Post  alex youngson Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi,
Just joined the forum and wondered if anyone could help!
My 523i tourer was running fine untill the water pump failed, after having this replaced along with the pulley I now seem to be experiancing an overheating problem worse when the blower is turned off in the car. From what I can see the car is not loosing any water and the pipes from each side of the radiator maintian their pressure.

Any Ideas?

alex youngson

Back to top Go down

523i Overheating Empty Re: 523i Overheating

Post  MightyBMW Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi, I have moved this to the tech area for you, its best placed there... Wink

It could still be air trapped in the system. bleeding can be a nightmare with the these beemers... try this procedure...

1.Jack the front of the vehicle up onto stands as high as possible,
2.Turn the ignition on,engine off,heater on fan setting 1 and temperature fully hot,
3.Remove the rad cap/expansion cap,remove the bleed screw from the rad and IF you have them the bleed screw(s) from the thermostat housing/top hose, return pipe or EGR thermostat.
4.Fill the radiator up and keep pouring till there are no more air bubbles coming out from the bleeds, when good then install bleeds and tighten down(don't snap them),ensure the rubber O-rings/seals are still on the screws/on the bleed holes.
5.Replace the cap and then start the car. Run her up and check for heat from the vents when warm and check if over heating still persists.
6.If good then check the water level again in the morning when cool.

Also, after you are sure no are is still exsistant, then did the water pump via impeller breaking up? did it overheat?

thanks
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com

Back to top Go down

523i Overheating Empty BMW 523i over heating

Post  alex youngson Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:41 am

Thankyou so much for your advise this seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks again.

Alex.

alex youngson

Back to top Go down

523i Overheating Empty Re: 523i Overheating

Post  MightyBMW Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:07 am

Thats great news alex...

good luck.. Wink
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com