The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake warning light??

2 posters

Go down

Brake warning light?? Empty Brake warning light??

Post  rover153 Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:20 am

I have a 1993 318i touring est. A warning light is staying on, it is the one with a white circle with two semi circular dotted lines around it. My brake fluid is ok, shoes and pads are fine so can anyone tell me what this light is please.
regads
kelvin

rover153

Back to top Go down

Brake warning light?? Empty Re: Brake warning light??

Post  MightyBMW Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:21 am

The white circle with 3 dotted white lines either side is the brake pad low warning sensor... If you pads are ok, then the chances are one or more of the pads has faulty wiring or its the connection inside the pad... You could try disconnecting the wiring to the pads themselves and see if this removes the dash light, i cant remember on the e36 whether it does... but if not, the only solution would be to replace the pads, or live with it.

Hope this helps... Wink
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com

Back to top Go down

Brake warning light?? Empty brake warning light

Post  rover153 Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks very much "mightybmw", Ive had the car 9 years, had it Mot@d yesterday and when i collected it from the testing station it was on, I dont have an owners manual only Haynes. I thought it might have been low pads light and am relieved you say it is. Pads are quite new, so as you suggest, it is probably faulty wiring/connection, I just had this horrible feeling it might have been something more sinister.
much obliged, happy motoring,
rover153

rover153

Back to top Go down

Post  MightyBMW Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 pm

It is possible that the connector could have just become loose after the mot tester was checking around or it could just be a dirty connection... All worth giving it the once over, these things do happen...

good luck.. Wink

HTH
MightyBMW
MightyBMW
Admin

http://www.thebmwforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down