The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

convertible roof, fully automatic.1998 2.8i e36 3 series.

Go down

convertible roof, fully automatic.1998 2.8i e36 3 series. Empty convertible roof, fully automatic.1998 2.8i e36 3 series.

Post  RETEMS Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:47 am

I feel sure i am not alone in this problem as i have read same problems elsewhere, the problem is the roof will work ok for sat 5 maybe 6 times, then left for a while or maybe overnight, the roof works until the hood is bolt upright and at that point the storage compartmeny lid fails to lift, yet the roof closes normally, you could be lucky and try again and the whole thing work again, but it seems i am not that lucky.
I have been brave and been under the seat and pulled the leaver under the seat and even managed to re synchronise the two motors again, the roof will work ok for the usual 5/6 times then back to the normal problem
So far i have changed the linkage, ( taking careful measurements first ) also the control box n/s behind the side card , and also motor No 1. One of the cables had broken the legs off that hold it in position for controlling storage lid replaced that at £30.00 from bmw agent, that was the short one there are two cables the other is more than twice the lenght phew. You may be thinking at this point that i am either a nut case or have money to burn, sorry but neither apply i was lucky enough at the time to have two of the same motors at the time in my garage.Sadly now one has had to go so still have the problem. If you have any information that may help no matter what then i will be only too pleased to hear from you
Thank you for reading this somewhat lenghty request. Ret.

RETEMS

Back to top Go down