The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch

2 posters

Go down

2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch Empty 2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch

Post  EvoDude Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:33 pm

My 2007 E90 320D M Sport Tourer bonnet release lever appears to have 'jammed'. This is the lever under the bonnet (yellow rubber handle) which, until now, worked easily and without any force to operate it. This morning when I went to top up the washers I find that the bonnet pops on the interior release handle but the one under the bonnet appears to be jammed in the up position and will not move in any direction.

I've read a similar story elsewhere but unfortunately without a satisfactory response. I'd be really grateful for any advice on how I resolve this or will this be a trip to my 'not-so-local' dealers?

Thanks in anticipation.

EvoDude

Back to top Go down

2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch Empty Re: 2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch

Post  EvoDude Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:34 am

I've now sorted this problem and, for the benefit of anyone else having this problem, I wanted to explain. My BMW is in 'as new' condition with very low mileage and is serviced by BMW so I presume this could happen to any 3 series.

The problem appears to be with the lever seizing and can leave you with a bonnet (hood) stuck shut. Get a long shafted flat screwdriver and, placing the blade securely onto the plate behind and below the yellow lever, push towards the right. This releases the catch and allows the bonnet to open. Now you can see and activate the mechanism easily it should be cleaned with a proprietary releasing agent (eg WD40) then lubricated with a light grease. If repeated on a regular basis I don't envisage any further repeat of this problem.

Strange that the service schedule does not include this routine job as it appears to be a not uncommon fault.

EvoDude

Back to top Go down

2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch Empty Hey maybe you will like it~!!

Post  bluestar Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:59 am

EvoDude wrote:I've now sorted this problem and, for the benefit of anyone else having this problem, I wanted to explain. My BMW is in 'as new' condition with very low mileage and is serviced by BMW so I presume this could happen to any 3 series.

The problem appears to be with the lever seizing and can leave you with a bonnet (hood) stuck shut. Get a long shafted flat screwdriver and, placing the blade securely onto the plate behind and below the yellow lever, push towards the right. This releases the catch and allows the bonnet to open. Now you can see and activate the mechanism easily it should be cleaned with a proprietary releasing agent (eg WD40) then lubricated with a light grease. If repeated on a regular basis I don't envisage any further repeat of this problem.

Strange that the service schedule does not include this routine job as it appears to be a not uncommon fault.

bluestar

Back to top Go down

2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch Empty Re: 2007 320D Tourer Bonnet catch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down