The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Locking and Stereo issue...help please

2 posters

Go down

Central Locking and Stereo issue...help please Empty Central Locking and Stereo issue...help please

Post  DC1982 Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:16 pm

[b]

Hi All

I am new to this forum, I have posted this question on a few forums but not had an response so hoping someone can help me out?

I just bought a 96 318i se. When i got it home i reaslie that there was no central locking and that i had to lock all the doors and boot manually. Surely this car should have central locking so is it the key or the car? i only have one key it has the light on it but no central locking butons? can anyone advise me what to do?

Secondly i tried changing the stereo as there was a crapy seat cassettle player in . The original bmw loom is still in there but i can find a loom to connect my new jvc stereo to the car...i have tried halfords ect but the cant help?

Thanks in advance for anyone to responds

cheers

DC1982

Back to top Go down

Central Locking and Stereo issue...help please Empty Re: Central Locking and Stereo issue...help please

Post  slinky Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:24 pm

well, you should have a master key, if you dont have that then there is little you can do. i cant remember on the e36 whether the central locking only operates when you press the key on the fob or whether the key will operate the central locking through the door. Im pretty sure the master key is the only one that will operate the central locking though. I will check with our administrator. As a matter of course you could just check the fuse.

In regards to your stereo, well if you dont have the original loom that comes with the stereo then you have limited options. You could contact JVC themselves to see if they sell replacements, try ebay or get you car booked in at a car electrician/in-car entertainment system installers to have it fitted, they should build a loom for you.

slinky.

slinky

Back to top Go down