The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The BMW Forum
Hi there!

Welcome to The BMW Forum.... The forum for help with your BMW technical problems and discussion forums.

Please register to enjoy the full benefits of the forum such as 15% off oil and service parts, courtesy of opie oils!.

We hope you find this forum useful and enjoyable...

We are now after moderators to join us and our fast growing community. Please PM admin if you are interested.

Many Thanks, Admin and the moderator team.
The BMW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

850i BRAKE SYSTEM PROBLEM please help...

Go down

850i BRAKE SYSTEM PROBLEM please help... Empty 850i BRAKE SYSTEM PROBLEM please help...

Post  aw850i Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

I could do with some expert guidance on this one, Im really struggling with this fault on my e31 850i. I believe the braking system is the same on the E38 bmw 7 series too.

Over the last 6 months I noticed the brakes were binding and getting very hot. So I cleaned the callipers and guides. However the problem still persisted so I bled the brakes and put in new brake fluid, I also noticed the front calliper had a seal broke and replaced this.

However still no success, when I went out driving the car after a few miles all the 4 brakes /wheels get hot and its as if the car is braking itself and someone is pressing on the brakes.

From reading the forums I noticed some members mentioning the brake bomb/brake accumalotor goes on these so I decided to get this replaced and refill the whole system with the special fluid, however I still have the same problem.

Can someone advise what I need to do to cure this fault. I cannot drive the car too far as the brakes start binding, locking up and heat up a lot.

Could it be the servo, abs pump, regulator????, any help and guidance would be much appreciated

aw850i

Back to top Go down